Posted on January 10th, 2012
Time to say goodbye to 2011 and plan for 2012!
There are endless ways to approach a year end review. Personally, I like to begin by listing highlights of the year and lessons learned. Next, I review my progress on the goals I set last January and sketch out goals for the upcoming year. Finally, I choose a word or phrase for the year to guide my daily decisions and remind me of my intention for the year. This year in the spirit of ease and truly allowing myself time and space to reflect I’m breaking my review up into multiple posts. Let’s begin with the highlights!
- Mama to a teenager and a newborn!
- Saved enough money to fund my maternity leave and buy a hot tub
- Rented one of our newly renovated offices
- Buffalo Women Entrepreneurs ROCK! meetings
- Began saying no to non-ideal work
- Monthly soul care: massage, pedicure, Girls Night
- Offered Dare to Live Your Dreams Online Circle (starts again January 13, 2012!)
- Fell in love with physical therapy thanks to pregnancy + sciatica
- Reunited with my love of swimming courtesy of belly-too-big-to-run + above-mentioned sciatica
- Painted BIG!
- Amazing workshop on yoga + trauma reignited my dream of starting a non-profit to bring yoga to girls + women affected by violence
- Traveled for yoga workshop on Anatomy + Alignment
- Tears of amazement + pride during Meg’s solo performance of Popular at her Chorus concert
- Family trip to Shea’s to see Wicked
- Traveled to visit my hubby’s family while 35 weeks pregnant
- Had my belly cast by the amazing Justine
- Baby celebrations for friends and family (showers, diaper showers, baptisms – lots of babies this year!)
- Welcomed another niece and nephew into the world
- First encounter with chiropractics thanks to baby in full breech position
- Flipped that baby!
- Big year for Meg: She was inducted into Junior National Honor Society & later voted in as President, successfully auditioned for All County Chorus, and had her first dance recital
- Turned 33!
- Hired yoga teacher substitutes
- Infant massage class with Melaina
- Baby & Me yoga class with Melaina
- Spoke my truth (in writing, for the whole world to read)
- La Leche League meetings & adventures in breastfeeding
- Weekly lunch dates with my sister