Posted on January 31st, 2014
It’s the last day of January and I’m feeling ready to commit to my Big Dreams for 2014. Like I said, I give myself lots of time to reflect on the year past, transition into the New Year, and ponder my goals for the upcoming year. This year I’ve been using a combination of my go-to journal prompts, Leonie Dawson’s workbook, and The Desire Map by Danielle LaPorte.
I like to begin by reviewing my dreams for the previous year…
My 2013 Big Dreams:
- Get a tattoo – DONE!
- Lead a full weekend retreat – this morphed into Authentic Awakening and I’m loving every minute of it!
- Create & run Healing through Yoga group – almost done with this project!
- Spend more time connecting with like-minded souls – DONE!
- Monthly dates with Michael – DONE!
- Focus on my physical health: more physical activity, less processed food – a work in progress!
- Master handstand and crow pose - nowhere near a handstand but close on crow!
- Deepen spiritual practices (yoga, meditation, mindfulness, compassion) – DONE!
- Let go of martyr mentality when it comes to my children – definitely have made progress here! Still room to grow!
- Craft my home environment to more fully reflect me – a work in progress!
- Read at least 12 books – DONE! I read 18 books this year!
- Work more with positive affirmations/intentions – DONE! I’ve been using my Spirit Junkie App, reminders on my phone, and handwritten notes to incorporate affirmations into my daily life.
My 2014 Big Dreams:
I’m crafting my dreams a little differently this year, using The Desire Map and Leonie’s workbook.
Adventures & Fun Times
- Feel alive!
- Hike at Letchworth
- Brunch dates with Michael
- Go to the beach as much as possible
- Go to the movies
- Watch Love, Actually (I feel like I am the only person who has never seen this movie!)
- Ride a horse
- Collect rocks
- Watch the sunset
- Get another tattoo
Family & Home
- Feel gloriously in love with my life!
- Feel deeply grateful!
- Have family pictures done by Sarah Bridgeman
- Get new curtains for bedroom
- Print and frame pictures
- Make 4 photo books capturing our year
- Write 4 letters to each of my daughters
- Clear clutter
Creativity & Spirituality
- Feel in alignment with my true self.
- Go on a solo retreat
- Be a part of Hannah’s Magic Making Circle
- Explore archetypes
- Feel strong and vibrant – like me outsides match my insides!
- Hire a health coach
- Detox from sugar for 3 days
- Eat a fresh fig
- Run 3 consecutive miles
- Take a restorative yoga class
- Move my body more
- Eat more whole foods
- Feel deliciously abundant!
- Save $X toward Meg’s college
- Invest in Solo Retreat & Magic Making Circle
- Donate to local and global causes monthly
- Feel aligned with my higher Self and my life purpose.
- Feel inspired, confident, excited!
- Host retreat for Tree of Life Yoga Studio teachers
- Run Healing Through Yoga program
- Grow my online tribe
Super Big, Wild, Awesome Dreams:
- Start a non-profit
- Go to The Loft
There you have it! What are you dreaming of this year? I would love to hear!